Since Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, Distribute Aid has built a Ukraine Response Project to support emergency relief groups in Ukraine and the bordering regions including Poland, Moldova, and Romania.
What has this project achieved so far?
- We have coordinated 10 end-to-end shipments of requested critical aid to groups in Moldova and Ukraine.
- Via extensive outreach, we have gained an overarching understanding of the different aid groups across regions, what they provide, and their capacity.
- We have connected aid groups and put them into contact with each other to collaborate and organize efficient resource sharing such as:
- Sharing transport options
- Sharing of material aid
- Sharing storage space
We have a growing understanding of the needs of individual groups, allowing for aid to be matched between sending and receiving groups on a request basis only.
- We have a list of charities that are registered importers; who can assist with current and future aid shipments.
- We have developed a cohesive understanding of the import process and the required certification documents.
- Enabled medium-sized NGOs to gain access to a network of service providers and government entities.
Your donation will allow us to continue to provide support to Ukraine relief responses, such as:
- Supplying groups with extensive guides so as to facilitate the export and import of critical aid across different regions.
- Expanding networks and connections to increase the collective impact and capacity of operations.
- Further our understanding of the real situation on the ground, and create solutions to any inefficiencies that may exist.
- Increase our data collection on what the needs of aid groups are, and adapt the supply chain to fit the needs accordingly.