Distribute Aid is organising a shipment of humanitarian aid between the UK and Lebanon. We won't let pandemics or global supply chain disruptions stop the flow of aid to those who need it most! ♥
If you're here because you want to donate goods for displaced peoples in Lebanon- thank you! Groups on the ground would not be able to provide the services they do without support from donations like yours.
1 UK Staging Hub
Service to Lebanon
Supporting 7 Frontline Groups
Scaled To Demand
Fair Flat-Rate Pricing
1) Submit Your Aid Delivery Request
Download the Aid Delivery Request Form and fill it in.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your local Staging Hub will receive it and follow up if there are any questions.
Submissions Close: Sunday, May 9th
2) Consult Frontline Groups
We'll check in with the frontline groups after the form submission deadline, to prioritise deliveries that meet their biggest needs and build a manifest for the upcoming shipment with their input. Then we can confirm if you have a place reserved on the next container.
Confirmation Date: Friday, May 14th
3) Drop Off @ Staging Hubs
Schedule a drop-off appointment with your local Staging Hub, pay them the flat-rate Storage & Shipping charge, and deliver the boxes of aid at the agreed time.
Staging Period: May 22nd - May 29th
4) Deliver The Aid
And that's it! Take an evening off to celebrate a job well done, we got it from here. Once your aid is delivered we'll follow up with an after-shipment report, including photos and acknowledgments from the frontline groups.
Container Departs: Monday, May 30th
The most cost efficient and pandemic-proof way to send aid from the UK to Lebanon is by shipping palletised aid in containers. That's where our UK Staging Hubs come in! They have the necessary infrastructure and experience working with us to ensure each shipment is fully optimized, which everybody benefits from. Once it's in a Staging Hub, your aid will be palletised, stored, and loaded by a forklift onto the next container.
Cambridge - South England
Both Community & Commercial Aid
pallets, loose boxes, bulk bags of tents & sleeping bags, etc
We offer a flat, per-pallet storage and shipment charge (S&S) to take the stress out of budgeting to move your aid. By using the Staging Hubs we can keep shipping costs low and consistent, and spread the cost evenly for all groups sending aid.
Standard Pallet - ££
1.2m x 1.0m x 1.70m high
Half Pallet - £
1.2m x 1.0m x 0.85m high
What if my aid doesn't fit exactly?
- We encourage groups to work together to submit a combined offer that makes up a Standard Pallet or Half Pallet worth of aid.
- We reserve 2 pallets worth of space on each truck for overflow, so if you have slightly more then a Standard Pallet's worth of aid that's ok! Overflow pricing is £2.50 per banana box (500mm x 400mm x 250mm high, holds 15kg).
- You'll still need to book a Standard Pallet space for commercially purchased aid with smaller pallet dimensions. Unfortunately, due to the way trucks are packed a smaller pallet size doesn't actually allow us to fit more on there. You can always contact email@example.com to look into booking a full truck load at a custom rate.
- We can book you multiple Standard Pallets worth of space to accommodate bulky items. Please submit the exact dimensions of the item on the offer form so we can assess how many Standard Pallets it will require, and ensure that we book the right type of truck to load it.
When will prices be set?
This is a new route, so we are currently comparing quotes from our commercial partners. Our goal is to provide the best possible flat rate for sending groups! We will reach out to all groups who have had their aid offers matched to confirm pricing as soon as we can.
How many Standard Pallet spaces do I need?
The Calais classic. Most Vans fit about 3 Standard Pallets worth of aid in the back.
Perfect for those larger, clumsier items like tents or sleeping bags that are too awkward to box up.
- Each Bulk Bag takes up one Half Pallet space.
- 2 Bulk Bags count as a Standard Pallet if they can be stacked.
- A Standard Pallet can also be made by stacking a Bulk Bag on top of 18 Banana Boxes.
Easy to acquire, small, and sturdy boxes. Each Banana Box should hold a specific item, such as mens small pants or women's medium winter sweaters. Any consistently sized box could be used to fill a Standard or Half pallet. Banana Box sizes can vary a bit, but a good rule of thumb is:
- Dimensions: 500mm x 400mm x 250mm high, holds 15kg
- 18 Banana Boxes make up a Half Pallet
- 36 Banana Boxes can fit on a Standard Pallet